M.Sc. in Hospitality Administration
INFORMATION BROCHURE 2021-23
National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT) in collabration with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) was established by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India in 1982 to over see hotel management and catering education offered by Institutes set up by it.The Council has been responsible in providing professional and skilled human capital to the hotel and tourism industry through its eleven programs. In 2002, the Council and Indira Gandhi National Open University joined hands and launched the 3-Year B.Sc. Degree in Hospitality andHotel Administration and this cooperation further graduated with commencement of M.Sc. Hospitality Administration Program in 2003.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) was established in September 1985 by an Act of Parliament, aimed at democratizing education to cover larger segments of the population focused on higher education for vocations and professions. IGNOU’s Degrees are recognized in India by both UGC and AICTE and also worldwide by Commonwealth of Learning (CoL).
About the M.Sc. Hospitality Administration Program
The M.Sc. Program launched by NCHMCT in-collaboration with IGNOU has specific focus on the services sector as against majority of MBA programs which concentrateon merchandise and manufacturing businesses. Experimental components such as teamproject, mentorship under the guidance of industry specialists positions the M.Sc. scholar current with entire spectrum of hospitality and service industry.
Hybrid mix of online lectures / interactive sessions and face to face sessions after (Covid -19) with reputed professors.
Industry Interaction and Mentorship
The M.Sc. Program’s interface with industry is through built-in mentorship.Such aninterface keeps the scholar current with industry trends and offers scope for building case studies and write dissertation in the elected area of specialization by the scholar. The mentor's relevant industry experience combined with one-to-one interaction immensely contributes to the scholar’s professional growth and development. Them enter ship experience also offers valuable net working opportunities.
The Program is design to provide
- • Opportunity for Post Graduate studies to Degree holders in Hospitality/Hotel Management/Hotel Administration, who are keen to enhance their knowledge base and eye for opportunities of workin industry besides faculty positions in Hotel Management and Tourism Management Institutes. Those who have qualifiedthrough earlier programs have been placed in industry both in India and abroad in the area of training, sales and marketing and in human resource management;
- • Avenue for in-service sponsored candidates from industry who wish to pursue higher studies in the field. Such in-service candidates can work their way to shoulder managerial responsibilities in their area of specialization;
- • Opportunity for the faculty from recognized Hospitality/Hotel Management and Tourism Institutes for enhancement of professional qualification towards advancement in teaching careers.
Eligibility For Admission To The Program Through JEE
- • B.Sc. Degree in Hospitality and Hotel Administration from NCHMCT-IGNOU; OR Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management from a recognized University and the Institute is approved by AICTE.
- • Candidates appearing in the final semester/final year exam (but passed all the papers in all earlier semesters/years) of the above said Degrees and able to submit their complete Bachelor’s Degree latest by 31stOctober2021 can also apply.
Criteria For Selection
Admission to the program will be based on merit in the joint entrance examination and choice of IHM’s exercised by the candidates. Allotment of IHM will be through a centralized online counseling process.
About Written Test
Written test comprising of 100 MCQs on hospitality related generic questions of graduate level as well as general knowledge, general English and numeric aptitude, will be held by the Council. Mode of written test (offline or online) and date of written test will be communicated/notified in due course.
Pattern of MCQs in the written test
|F&B Management||10||10||Graduation Level|
|Front Office Management||5||5|
|F&B Cost Control||5||5|
|Human Resource Development||10||10|
|Application of Computers||10||10|
|Communication Skills in English||10||10||General|
|Component||NCHMCT Fee||IGNOU Fee||Total|
|Enrolment Fee||Course Fee||Exam Fee|
|1st Semester||Rs. 1000||Rs. 40000||Rs. 2000||Rs. 10000||Rs. 53000|
|2nd Semester||--||Rs. 35000||Rs. 2000||Rs. 10000||Rs. 47000|
|3rd Semester||--||Rs. 40000||Rs. 2000||Rs. 10000||Rs. 52000|
|4th Semester||--||Rs. 35000||Rs. 2000||Rs. 10000||Rs. 47000|
|Grand Total||Rs. 159000||Rs. 40000||Rs. 199000|
- 1. The above fee is an indicative only which was made applicable for previous batch i.e. 2020-22 and the same is under review for enhancement which will be notified separately.
- 2. The above is atentative common fee structure for all Institutes and likely to be increased by half of the percentage of the price index to be declared by RBI. However, Institutes located at ‘A’ Category cities i.e. Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, Pusa(New Delhi)and NCHM-IHM Noida have the discretion to charge 25% extra oncourse fee componentonly. Whereas, IHM located at ‘B’ Category cities i.e. Lucknow is having the discretion of charging 15% extra on course fee componentonly.
- 3. Caution money, locker fee, library feeandothercharges, if any will be charged by the Institute, which will have to be paid separately at the time of admission.
Fee Refund Policy
Refund policy will also be notified at the time of centralized online counseling.
Reservation of Seats
- • 15% for Scheduled Caste (SC) Category.
- • 7½% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) Category.
- • 27% for OBC (Centralist) (Non-creamy layer) Category.
- • 10% for EWS Category
- • 5% seats shall be reserved for Physically Disabled across board as per rules.
- • Other reservations, if any, as per Govt. of India directives.
|5% extra considering drop-outs||02|
|Open PWD Category||01|
|OBC PWD Category||01|
Availability of Hostel
Availability of hostel facility for 1st semester students of 2021-23 batch at the Institutes is as under:
Hostel will be allottedto the candidates after completion of final admission process, basedon the rank in the written test. However, allotment of hostel is at the discretion of the Principal of the Institute. Details of hostel/mess and other charges could be obtained from the Institute allotted to the candidates.
Each student will have to secure atleast 75% attendance in each semester to be eligible for appearing in the semester-end exam.
Candidates admitted to the Program will abide by anti-ragging regulations of NCHMCT. Any violation of these regulations will attract punishment as per the clause according to the gravity of misconduct.
|Last date for applying through online portal||30th June 2021|
|Last date of receipt of confirmation sheet along with DD or online payment proof and other documents at NCHM||5th July 2021|
|Download Admit Card||To be notified separately|
|Conduct of Entrance Exam (written test)||To be notified separately|
|Opening of online registration for centralized counselling and declaration of first allotment list along with fee details||To be notified separately|
How To Apply
Interested candidates can apply online only through admission notification in our online admission portal www.thims.gov.in or through Council’s website www.nchm.gov.in Candidate has to send print out of the filled in online application along with necessary fee (Rs. 900/- for General/OBC Categories; Rs.700/- for EWS Category; and Rs. 450/- for SC/ST/PD Categories) through a demand draft drawn in favour of NCHMCT payable atNoida or Delhi and other requirement documents, which should reach NCHMCT, Noida latest by 5th July 2021. Candidates can also pay the requisite fee through NEFT/RTGS into Council’s account and attach proof of transfer along with print out of the online application form instead of DD. Account details of NCHMCT are as under:
|Accountholder||:||National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology|
|Name of Bank||:||Canara Bank|
|Branch||:||Sector63, Noida 201301(UP)|
|Type of Account||:||Savings|
Last date of applying through online portal is 30th June 2021. Envelope containing application should be superscribe as APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO M.Sc.HA PROGRAM. Applications received after 7th July 2021 will not be entertained.