INSTITUTE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT, AHMEDABAD
1. Each room must be occupied by the bonafide of students. (Ex: Room for 2 to have only two students)
- No request of change of rooms or partners will be entertained once allotted.
- No student is allowed to stay in other student room after 10 PM. Any student found violating this rule will be fined with Rs. 200/- and a warning letter will be issued.
- Parties or social gatherings in Hostel/ College complex are not permitted without the prior written consent of Hostel Warden and Principal.
- Birthday bumps or any other way of physically hurting to another occupant is strictly prohibited.
2. Students should use their personal locks and submit one key of the same to the Warden, and never leave the room unlocked.
- The College bears no responsibility of any of your belongings missing from the Hostel.
- All lights and fans to be switched off, when leaving the room. If found violating, a fine of Rs. 500/- will be charged.
- The balcony is not to be used for washing clothes.
- No litter is to be thrown down from the balcony out on the ground.
3. The cleanliness of the rooms is the duty of the occupants. A surprise inspection can be conducted by the Warden at any given point of time. If the room is found dirty, the occupants will be fined with Rs. 500/- and a warning letter will be issued.
- No sticking of posters or writing on walls or doors are allowed, if any room found with the same will result in a fine of Rs. 1000/-.
- Hygiene and sanitation is to be given utmost importance in the room.
- All room dustbins are to be emptied only in the common dustbins provided in the Hostel by the occupants only.
4. No personal irons are allowed in the rooms.
- Drying of clothes outside the room and stacking the dirty clothes in the room is not allowed.
- No one is allowed to dine in the room. The dirty plates not to be kept without washing.
5. Only in case of sickness with prior permission of Warden, mess food can be allowed in the room in students personal plates.
6. No electrical appliances will be allowed in the room other than laptops & mobile chargers. If any other applianceare found it will be confesticated for the whole semester and will levy a charge of Rs. 200/- for the same.
7. No one is allowed to bring outside food in the Hostel premises. If found will be penalized Rs. 500/-.
8. Possession/ Distribution/ Consumption of Drugs and Alcohol, Tobacco smoking, Gutka is strictly prohibited in the campus area and rooms, anyone found doing the same will be expelled from the Hostel.
9. Avoid keeping valuables and cash in the room.
10. In case of any unacceptable behaviour by the room-mate, the other room-mate must report it to the hostel authorities.
11. Students are not allowed to stay in the hostel during the class hours unless the stay is unavoidable; due to illness or any other valid reasons. In such cases permission is to be obtained from the Warden.
12. The hostel warden is authorized to check the luggage of the boarders at any point of time.
13. The hostel fees contains two components
A: Accommodation Fees
B: Meal Charges
- Incase if a student leave the hostel premises before the tenure the Accommodation fees will be terminated and meal charges will be refunded proportionately. If the student is terminated from the Hostel due to In-disciplinary Act the Accommodation fees and meal charges both will be forfeited
14. If a Girl Candidate wants to vacate the hostel, parents need to be called.
UTILIZATION OF COMMON FACILITIES
1. The common facilities are i.e. the Common Rooms, Corridors, Bathrooms, etc. are to be kept clean and hygienic all the time.
2. After every use , toilet flushing is to be done.
3. Water should be carefully used and not to be wasted.
4. No debris is to be thrown in the corridors or out of the balcony/ windows. Debris is to be thrown only in the dustbins provided in the hostel.
5. No playing in the corridors is allowed. If found a fine of Rs. 500/- will be levied. The boarders are not allowed to use the terrace.
6. Boarders are not allowed to keep Combat knives, Switchblades, Knuckle dusters, Clubs or any form of arms and ammunition, fire crackers, petrol, acid, gas cylinders, etc. If found a fine of Rs. 1000/- and will be expelled from hostel.
7. Pasting posters, writing, wall chalking, and slogans of any kind are not allowed. Any rooms found with any writing will be penalised with Rs. 1000/-, to each occupant of the room.
8. No one is allowed to the hostel mess in shorts, capris, sandals or any sort of inappropriate attire.
9. No student is allowed to enter the Mess Kitchen without the prior permission of the Warden.
10. No student is allowed to misbehave or argue with the mess kitchen staff. In case of any issues the mess committee or the Warden is to be approached.
11. No diner should waste food. They shall interact with mess staff in a courteous manner. After eating, the diner should leave the utensil at its designated place/ bins.
12. Damage to the institute property is a very serious offence. Boarders found guilty can be expelled from the hostel.
13. Common Hostel Furniture or fixtures must not be moved without the prior permission of the Warden. Television watching in the common room is allowed only till 10 PM on weekdays and 11 PM on weekends.
14. Utilisation of sports equipment and playing is only restrained from 6 PM till 10 pm.
1. Visitors including parents are only allowed into visitor’s area on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) during the visiting hours from 9:30am- 8:00pm.
2. All visitors must register at the security gate before entering and leaving the complex by 8:00pm.
3. Boarders are not permitted to allow visitors of the opposite sex into the rooms at time for whatever reason. Any student found violating this rule will expelled from the hostel.
4. Non- Hostel students are prohibited in the hostel without the prior permission of the Warden.
|Breakfast||8:00 am||8:55 am|
|Lunch||1:00 pm||2:00 pm|
|Evening Tea||6:00 pm||6:30 pm|
|Dinner||8:00 pm||9:00 pm|
|Students are allowed to go out of the College Premises during weekdays||5:30 pm||7:30 pm only|
|Students are allowed to go out of the College Premises during the weekends||9:00 am||7:00 pm only|
1. Boarders must return to the hostel by 07:30 pm every day. Failing which a warning letter and fine will be levied. A student who is repetitively coming late will be expelled from the hostel.
2. Students will be allowed to stay out of the hostel on submission of a proper application duly authorized and faxed by the parent only and this is to be submitted at least 3 days prior. Failing which no last moment faxes will be entertained.
3. All students are advised not to book their Train/flight/bus ticket reservations between 8 pm to 8 am.
1. A complete Hostel Fees for the whole year (2 semesters) is to be deposited in the beginning of the year.
Fees Component Bifurcation:
|• Accommodation (for the year)||=||Rs. 19000/-|
|• Food Charges (for the year)||=||Rs. 17000/-|
|• GST 5% on Food (for the year)||=||Rs. 950/-|
2. Any student wishing to leave the hostel in mind or during the year or is expelled from the hostel, No refund of the Accommodation component of the hostel fees will be made.
3. Any student wishes not to continue to stay in the hostel will only be permitted once the parents personally visit the college and give it in writing for the withdrawal.
4. Once a student vacates the hostel, he/she is not re-allotted hostel accommodation for rest of the semester.
5. The college has the authority not to refund the caution money in case of any indisiplinary actions, damaging of property or any misconduct done by the student.
Ragging of students admitted to the institute is totally banned. Any violation of this by the students will be dealt with very severely.
- The Honourable Supreme Court of India has given a more comprehensive meaning of Ragging as under: “Ragging is any disorderly conduct, whether by words spoken or written, or by an act which has effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any student, indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities which cause or are likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or junior student and which has effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the psyche of a fresher or a junior student.”
COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS
Any complaints, suggestions or enquiries are always welcome and should be given to The Principal / Warden in writing.